We know this is an unsettling time and that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting everyone’s daily lives. At Sweetz Bkry, we want to reassure you that the health and safety of our guests and employees is and always has been our top priority. Numerous health and safety procedures are followed at Sweetz Bkry daily. With that being said, we wanted to let you know about extra precautions we are taking to ensure everyone stays healthy during this time of heightened concern:
- We are monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization and all local health authorities in communities around our cafes.
- Our kitchens and baking area are cleaned and sanitized daily, and we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all areas.
- We are ensuring that we have the information needed to stay healthy or stay home if not feel well.
Your patience is appreciated as circumstances are changing rapidly. As the country is being asked to practice social distancing to help contain the virus, we are evaluating our operations daily. We know each local area’s needs are different, and we are committed to making the best decisions for the communities we serve.
We hope you and your families stay safe during this time of uncertainty and look forward to serving you.
COVID-19 most commonly spreads between people who are in close contact through respiratory droplets or small particles produced when an infected person coughs, talks, or breathes. Growing evidence shows that droplets can remain suspended in the air and travel distances beyond six feet, according to the CDC. Indoor environments with poor ventilation increase the risk of transmission.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when in public settings or around others.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.